The teaming of the V.O.I.C.E. Employment Services Department and Michigan Rehabilitation Services' (MRS) counselors with your business provides a win-win-win situation! A Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing person is given the chance to become self-sufficient and your business gains a dependable, enthusiastic, eager employee!
V.O.I.C.E., Inc. helps people with disabilities find steady, rewarding jobs in the local community. There are many qualities and skills that employees with a disability can bring to a job or position to benefit the company or organization. With the assistance of VOICE, Inc., the employee receives all the services needed to successfully and competently perform job duties.
As an approved vendor for MRS, V.O.I.C.E. Employment Services will provide a trained job coach, at no cost to the employer, for as long as is required for the new employee to be integrated into the business, usually 1-4 weeks. We will also provide follow-up support for a 90-day period, free of charge. There are also federal tax credits available.
Benefits to the Company or Organization
According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, people with disabilities can bring the following assets to the job:
- Low turnover
- Problem-solving skills to effect creative business solutions
- Active involvement in lifelong learning
- Teamwork experience
- Skills and knowledge
- Average and often above average performance and attendance ratings
- A fresh vision of new applications for products
- The ability to help your company build brand loyalty among a diverse community
V.O.I.C.E., Inc. Services to Employers
The V.O.I.C.E. Employment Services Department currently has a case load of over 60 individuals seeking employment. Our successful placement rate is between 75%-80% from year-to-year, which makes us one of the top job development providers in the region. An employer who hires an individual through VOICE, Inc. receives:
- A prescreened, pre-qualified employee matched to the specific position requirements
- A job coach for the training period (if required) - FREE
- A qualified sign language interpreter for the entire training period (if required)
- Follow-up services for 90-days to insure the client's successful integration into the company - FREE
Below are just a few of the positions that V.O.I.C.E., Inc. filled with disabled employees that successfully fulfilled their job duties:
- Certified nursing assistant at St. Mary's Medical Center in Standish
- Mail handlers at the United States Post Office
- Sorter/inspectors at International Quality Control
- Groundskeepers at the Saginaw Children's Zoo
- Crew member at Gordon's Food Service
- Draftsman for Assembly Tech & Testing
Many of our employee referrals have become role models within their companies and their communities! Submit a request now to see how V.O.I.C.E., Inc. can help refer and provide job placement services for your open positions.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Disabled Access Tax Credit
An employer who hires an individual with a disability may qualify for tax credits. The Work Opportunity Tax Credit and the Disabled Access Tax Credit are federal incentives available to private-for-profit employers who hire from specific targeted groups of people that have in the past experience difficulty in securing employment.