JOB SUMMARY: Direct Care Workers advance the mission of the agency by providing support services to adults and children who have developmental disabilities and/or mental illness. These supports and services are identified in the person- centered plans of individuals served, and are typically oriented toward assisting the person to overcome limitations imposed by their disability while encouraging greater independence, health and safety, happiness, and a more productive life based on the preferences and choices of the persons served. Shifts will be assigned in clients’ homes and apartments and include daily outings in the community. Shift lengths are established by the funding agencies (Community Mental Health, Department of Human Services, etc.) and may be anywhere from 1 hour to 12 hours in length. Shifts will include days, evenings, nights and weekends, may include multiple shifts per day, and may include overnight sleeper shifts. Travel between locations is required. Transportation of clients in a personal owned vehicle (POV) is required.
- Assist clients in a home setting with:
- meal preparation
- personal care (hygiene, medication administration, dressing, toileting, etc.)
- errand running (shopping, doctor’s visits, etc)
- light housekeeping, light maintenance and laundry
- community activities
- Follow assigned schedule
- Be present at all assigned shifts by planning for contingencies such as daycare issues, transportation problems, weather emergencies, etc.
- Assume responsibility for menu planning and grocery shopping as assigned
- Complete required paperwork (log entries, medication logs, incident reports, weekly monitoring forms, etc.) within required timelines
- Attend monthly House Meetings, periodic Staff Meetings and Trainings as directed.
- Maintain availability to accept last minute schedule changes, additional shifts, overnight sleeper shifts, etc.
- Respond to all calls from the agency emergency phone/management in a timely manner.
To apply for a position with V.O.I.C.E., Inc. forward your resume and a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying to:
ATTN: Human Resources
4274 State Street
Saginaw, MI 48603
Or you may call us at 888-748-6423 to answer our over-the-phone questionnaire and schedule an interview.